It seems a little silly listening to this track on repeat today while I, and the rest of the country I assume, wonders where Saturdays balmy sun has gone; why am I wishing for Autumn when I’m so desperate for some Summer sun? Please make up your mind Ems!
Saturday was dedicated to meandering around Westbury Court Gardens, a gorgeous example of Dutch water gardens, unassumingly nestled on the side of the A48 and the River Severn, and it may be my new favourite haunt.
You can wander flanked by both hedge and flower, watch the koi carp race towards you mouths open expectantly or read the day away beneath the shade of a 300+ year old Oak or Tulip tree, which we were fortunate enough to see in bloom. Who knew tulips bloomed on trees?! I can imagine spending many a Summer day with a picnic in this place getting my freckle on, watching birds flit and fly between the vegetable or herb gardens, watching the hours melt away. But for today I’ve had to settle for the balcony doors wide open listening to the (Angory) Tom and Simon The Sinking City play-through as the seagulls squawk and chatter away, which always gives me Seaside envy!
I also had my pixie trimmed and coloured first thing in the morning, so I was feeling especially perky and Summery all over again. I adored the red but with hair this short I feel like it was a little too severe for my features, whereas this dirty blonde is more whimsical, if that makes sense!
I managed to get to my local Hobbycraft today and indulged in some more acrylic paint and (finally!) some acrylic pads after my previous faux-pas! It’s so nice to have a relaxing hobby to enjoy again, maybe when I’m more confident in my scribbles I’ll share them on the ‘gram, but until then I’m quite happy just enjoying them myself!
I really can’t believe that it’s the 1st of July tomorrow, and while I don’t know what this week will bring, I do have a few goals for the month:
- Go to Yoga and Pilates 3 times a week (minimum) – I’m conscious of how little, scratch that, how I don’t do any exercise at all, so I need to start something and somewhere. I’m hoping I’ll be able to do some basic aerobics by the end of the month too!
- Drink 3 of my water bottles everyday – for hydration!
- Take my own lunch and coffee into work 4 days a week
- Savings – Put the money I would normally spend on coffee and work lunch into a savings account (daily spends) and watch it grow by the end of the month
- Take more photos – I’d love to be better at photography and with my S10 in tow, I feel like as far as mobile photography is concerned, it could give me a good base for better things. I’m hoping to use my coffee and lunch savings to pay for a nice new camera once the January sales roll around!
I hope you all had a chance to get out in the sun wherever you are, and have a great week ahead!